|Community Monitoring in Health Resources for the Practitioner|
Village Health Summary Sheet
The Village Health Summary Sheet is a collation of essential demographic and health information of the village.
The information is generated through existing records, the discussion during the village health mapping meeting and through individual interviews with some persons with specific health problems. Some of the information included in the Village Health Summary Sheet could be:
• Population – break-up with male and female
• Number of households
• Information around – number of adolescents girls, infant / children below the age of five years, persons over the age of 75years or any other specific population group.
• Information around maternal health - number of deliveries during the year, place of delivery • Information about health related facilities available in the village – like source of drinking water, sanitation system, health clinics, etc.
• Information around key illness and their treatment patterns.
• Main problems faced by the community in accessing health services