|Community Monitoring in Health Resources for the Practitioner|
Mechanism and Processes
D. Anticipated Outcomes
The community monitoring mechanism is expected to lead to the some outcomes which may include:
• Members of marginalised communities will be mobilised and discuss their health and other social development issues at traditional or newly developed community platforms
• There will be increased communication between leaders of the community and local health providers and with leadership of the CSO - NGO coalition with district/provincial/national health managers and policy makers
• Gaps in policy making and programme implementation will be identified and solutions developed
• There will be improvements in the access and utilisation of essential services within the core package as identified in the specific context.
• There will be improvement in health outcomes in a slightly longer run.